How to Apply
The UWC Botswana National Committee invites applications annually from candidates who;
- are 16-18 years old;
- have recently completed form 5 (or equivalent) with a strong academic performance (40 points and above).
- are either citizens or residents of Botswana.
Furthermore, while not required, the following qualities are desirable,
- leadership experience (anything from being a group leader to being the president of the student representatives council).
- A commitment to and/or desire for social justice and development.
- Previous participation in extra-curricular activities (e.g. clubs, sports, academic fairs, etc.).
If you meet the Eligibility Criteria, please apply here.
Your application must include the following:
- Short Cover Letter (Explaining who you are, and your interest in attending UWC)
- A certified copy of your IGCSE/BGCSE results
- A certified copy of your ID / Passport
- 2 recommendation letters (at least one of which must be from a teacher)
- A short essay (no longer than 600 words each) on one of the following topics:
How would you address the issue of youth unemployment in Botswana?
Is Botswana's death penalty effective?
What should the Botswana Government do to reduce inequality?
- How has Covid-19 affected your life?
Your application MUST include the following contact information:
- Your full names;
- Postal address;
- Telephone number (plus alternate contact of PARENT / GUARDIAN); and
- E-mail address
If you are unable to apply online,send applications to :
United World Colleges - Botswana National Committee
PO Box 414
Email applications or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: 19 March 2021
- Interview Invitations to shortlisted candidates only: 22 March 2021
- In-person Selection Weekend Activities for shortlisted candidates only: 26 & 27 March 2021